The Best Ways to Reduce and Prevent Eye Wrinkles
Many women are suffering from wrinkled under-eye skin. Definitely, eyes are the first thing people notice about us and eye wrinkles can make us look older than we are. Our skin gets thinner as we age, thus, causing the appearance of wrinkles. Even so, you can prevent and reduce them. This article is about the best ways to reduce and prevent eye wrinkles.
1. Wear sunscreen and sunglasses
Sun is the main cause of premature skin aging, according to number of studies. Wear sunscreen and sunglasses to avoid sun damage! You might want to try a sunscreen, formulated especially for delicate under-eye skin. Try Sun Protection Eye Cream SPF 32 by Shiseido. It will minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by sun damage. It will cost you about $30.
2. Use only high-quality under eye treatment
There are many under eye skin care products offered in the market nowadays. It is difficult to choose the best one! You should buy the best eye wrinkle treatment you can afford. Consider trying Life Cell Cooling Under-Eye Treatment. It will restore your skin’s elasticity, reduce and prevent eye wrinkles and fine lines and help to get rid of under-eye puffiness. Forget about crow’s feet! Life Cell Cooling Under-Eye Treatment contains Vitamin C, retinol (Vitamin A) and deanol. It will cost you $79 and it will bring you guaranteed results.
3. Do not squint
Squinting can cause wrinkles, so try to avoid it! According to a health portal WebMD, any repetitive facial movements overwork facial muscles, forming a groove beneath your skin’s surface. This groove eventually becomes a wrinkle.
4. Avoid sleeping on your stomach or side
Sleep on your back. Some sleeping positions can lead to wrinkles – never sleep on your stomach or side. Sleeping on your side can lead to wrinkles on your chin and cheeks; sleeping on your stomach can cause furrowed brow lines and crow’s feet. Sleeping on your back will make your face relaxed and prevent you from rubbing your eyes against the pillow.
5. Avoid harsh cosmetics
Don’t use harsh and waterproof makeup, especially waterproof mascara. It might be difficult to remove it using regular makeup remover. You can damage your delicate under-eye skin trying to remove waterproof mascara or other makeup products.
6. Eat healthier
You should eat healthy foods to reduce and prevent eye wrinkles. Add these foods to your diet and get rid of crow’s feet:
- Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, like salmon
- Soy products
- Fruits, berries and vegetables
In addition to that, drink a lot of water! That will give more moisture to your skin.
7. Use easy home remedies and oils to prevent eye wrinkles
It is easy to prepare and use home remedies to prevent and reduce eye wrinkles. Try these amazing homemade skin care products:
- Lemon juice. Apply some lemon juice around your eyes. You will notice the difference in some two weeks!
- Avocado facials. Avocado facial is very beneficial to your under-eye skin. Apply some mashed avocado around your eyes, leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Cucumber. This super veggie is one of the best natural treatments for eye wrinkles. Slice a cucumber and put the slices on your eyes. Wait some 10-15 minutes and see the result. Cucumber can help to reduce wrinkles and under-eye puffiness.
Another effective eye wrinkle treatment is to use oil. Try these healthy oils:
- Grape Seed Oil. This healthy oil is a powerful moisturizer and has anti aging properties. For that reason, it will reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, rejuvenate and soothe your skin. It is especially beneficial to dry and sensitive skin.
- Olive oil. Apply some olive oil on your under-eye skin and massage it gently. Leave overnight! Repeat this treatment few times a week.
8. Get rid of stress and bad habits
Smoking and other bad habits can cause wrinkles and fine lines. Quit this bad habit now! Moreover, learn to be happy and get rid of negative emotions and stress.